To ensure your safety and mine, I am taking precautions based on guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Maryland Department of Health, and the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards as I re-open my Rolfing practice in a limited way:
- I will wear a face mask throughout the session and ask clients to do the same.
- I have installed a Blueair purifier that filters the room air every 12 minutes or five times per hour, reducing the chances of viral transmission via aerosolized droplets.
- Surfaces will be cleaned using EPA-approved disinfectant before and after each session – with particular attention to the changing area, the seating area, and the treatment table.
- Pillows will be protected with plastic covers and wiped down with disinfectant between clients.
- Linens will be washed with detergent and bleach in hot water using the “sanitary” setting.
- I will use hospital-grade soap and a scrub brush to wash my hands and forearms before and after each session.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available throughout the treatment room.
- I will limit the number of clients to two per day, with at least 30 minutes between clients to disinfect the treatment space according to CDC and EPA guidelines.
For your part, it is essential that you stay home if you have any symptoms of active disease, or even the hint of it, and that you wear a face mask throughout the session. I’m also asking that clients sign a COVID Intake and Consent Form before each appointment. This is intended to help ensure that we all stay healthy and virus-free.
Many thanks for your cooperation!