Keith Moore is certified in Rolfing® through the Rolf Institute in Boulder, Colorado. He has over 20 years of experience as a manual therapist and has taught Ashtanga yoga in DC since 1990. He has worked with almost every body type–from professional football players and the Alvin Ailey Dance Company to novice yogis and those new to sports and movement.
After initially studying Iyengar yoga, Keith shifted to Ashtanga. He has made five extended trips to Mysore, India, where he learned from the source of the practice–studying under Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. In 2002, Guruji authorized him to teach, awarding Keith Level 2 authorization. He has brought Gruji’s perspective of day-to-day dedication to his life and teaching. As a Rolfer, Keith works in the Ten-Series model developed by Dr. Ida Rolf, which he enjoys sharing with those new to Rolfing.
Outside the studio, Keith loves all forms of movement–from ultramarathons to rock/ice climbing to windsurfing and kiteboarding. Recently, he has been working out with an Olympic weightlifting club and spending time with functional fitness coaches as ways to experiment with movement.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE
- Certified Rolfer, Dr. Ida Rolf Institute, Boulder, CO
- Authorized Level 2 Ashtanga Yoga Instructor, Mysore, India
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Baltimore, MD
- Licensed Massage Therapist, DC Department of Health, Board of Massage Therapy, Washington, DC
- Certified Massage Therapist, National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, McLean, VA
- Rolfing Certification Program, Dr. Ida Rolf Institute, Boulder, CO
- Shri K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Shala, Mysore, India
- Massage Training Certification Program, Potomac Massage Training Institute, Washington, DC
- BBA, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Certified Rolfer, Rolfing and Movement, Kensington, MD (2021–present). Provides Ten-Series Rolfing protocol to clients of all skills and backgrounds. Particular experience working with runners, dancers, and yogis. Provides bodywork backstage at the Kennedy Center to the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater.
Co-Founder and Instructor, Ashtanga Yoga Studio DC, Washington, DC (2012–2021). Taught Mysore-style and led classes to students of all levels. Offered one-on-one instruction and therapeutic massage to students interested in deepening their practice. Managed the studio and co-presented workshops on topics ranging from breath and meditation to joint health.
Ashtanga Yoga Instructor, Ashtanga Yoga Center, Washington, DC (1999-2012). Taught Mysore and led classes to students of all levels. Co-taught the studio’s 200-hour Ashtanga certification program.
Certified Massage Therapist, Self-Employed, Washington, DC (1999–2012). Offered therapeutic massage to a variety of clients ranging from serious athletes to weekend warriors.