Introduction to Rolfing. Short YouTube video produced by German Rolfer Markus Rossmann.
Joint Hypermobility and Hypermobility Syndrome. Fact sheet by Alan Pocinki, MD, Washington, DC, on a syndrome characterized by soft tissue laxity and chronic pain.
The Mystery of Chronic Pain. TED Talk by Elliot Krane, director of Pain Management Services at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford.
- Rolf Institute of Structural Integration. Provides basic information on the history of Rolfing, its principles, and its benefits.
Strolling Under the Skin. Video footage of living fascia by Dr. Jean Claude Guimberteau.
- Why Things Hurt. TED Talk by Lorimer Moseley, a clinical scientist investigating pain.
- Everywhere in Your Body is a Tissue Called Fascia. Scientists are Unlocking Its Secrets. Washington Post 2019.
Rolfing Revealed: Intensive Bodywork Technique Grounded in Gravity is Gaining Popularity. Chicago Tribute 2010.
Rolfing, Excruciatingly Helpful. New York Times 2010.
Cell Biology Meets Rolfing. Science Magazine 2007.
- Awesome Toes Corrective Spacers. Toe spacers activate the intrinsic muscles of the feet, improving balance, proprioception, and healthy function.
- Kore Stool. Stool with an unstable base that encourages active sitting.
Orthopedic Physical Therapy Products. Online resource for foam rollers, stability balls, and other rehabilitation tools.
- Yamuna Products. High-quality self-massage tools and instructional videos.
- 1440 Health. Massage therapy and corrective exercise to treat sports injuries and chronic pain. Bethesda, MD.
- Ashtanga Yoga DC. A vigorous yoga practice that links breath with movement. Washington, DC.
Body Dynamics, Inc. Physical therapy clinic with expertise in chronic pain and orthopedic injuries. Falls Church, VA.
- Integrative Therapies. Specializes in lymph drainage, helpful for lymphoma and pre- and post-surgery to reduce bruising, swelling, and pain. Kensington, MD.
The Learning Space. Offers counseling based on Bowen Family Systems theory and neurofeedback training. Washington, DC.
- Masset Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Center. Expertise in manual physical therapy, acupuncture, and functional rehabilitation to address chronic pain. Washington, DC.
- The Movement Clinic. Offers lessons in the Feldenkrais method, which helps people identify habitual movement patterns and find easier, pain-free options for moving. College Park, MD.
Pilates Center of Rockville. Pilates, which emphasizes muscle balance, core support, focused attention, and breath, is the perfect complement to Rolfing. Rockville, MD.
Restore Motion. Physical therapy clinic with expertise in chronic pain and pelvic floor dysfunction. Rockville, MD.
Unity Woods. Iyengar yoga studio offering classes in Bethesda, Arlington, and DC.